The Group has demonstrated the strength of its model during the Covid-19 situation
This year, we particularly wished to highlight Crédit Agricole’s determination to support the economy in the face of the public health crisis by working with the government to provide all customers with the support they need.
Crédit Agricole Group by your side
€ 239 m
gesture for small business
policy holders insured against
€ 31 bn*
in State-guaranteed loans
* Amounts requested in State-guaranteed loans (Regional Banks, LCL and CACIB as at 31 December 2020); acceptance rate above 97%.
€ 4.2 bn
Alongside our customers
- 142,000 employees mobilised to ensure business continuity during the lockdowns across all our business lines:
- in France, 90% of our advisors were reachable during lockdown, with exceptional in-branch delegations;
- digitisation of processes (electronic signature for State-guaranteed loans for businesses, automated processing of lease financing moratorium applications).
- More than 178,000 applications for State-guaranteed loans granted by the Regional Banks, LCL and CACIB to small business and corporate customers.
- More than 552,000 loan moratoriums in France.
- Mutual insurance support outside policies of €239 million for small business policy holders insured against operating losses.
- Envelope of €100m to finance the digitisation of the activity of SMEs, up to €50,000 per company.
- Actions in favour of the most vulnerable customers: Availability of our bank websites to give our customers visibility, assistance to shop-owners insetting up a Click & Collect, service, equipping businesses with remote payment means during the lockdown.
- Support for many large groups and sovereign issuers in their fund-raising on the bond markets and market solution offers (fixed income and forex).
Group’s stake in the French fund
dedicated to the aviation industry
We were able to rapidly mobilise our forces with agility to meet the needs of our customers, in order to support them financially during the crisis, of course, but especially to provide them with personalized support with concrete payment solutions and digital tools to adapt their activities, in the context of a human relationship based on trust.
Michel Ganzin Deputy General Manager Development, Client and Human
- A strong social and responsible doctrine:
- no half-time redundancies;
- all employees remaining on the pay-roll, regardless of their category
- Close social dialogue: 11 information/consultation processes.
- A new work organisation deployed in less than two weeks.
- Close support for employees deployment of a health and protection scheme dedicated to psychological support, an online platform for employees’ children, wellness offer, etc.
- Recruitment of 18,000 new employees maintained (permanent, fixed-term and work study contracts) for Crédit Agricole Group in France.
recruitments maintained (permanent, fixed-term and work study contracts) for Crédit Agricole Group
During the year, our employees demonstrated a great adaptability to maintain business and serve our customers. Our points of reference have changed; empowerment to serve the community and trust are decisive drivers in this unprecedented context, which reinforces the ambitions outlined in our Human-centric project.
Bénédicte Chrétien Group Head of Human Resources Crédit Agricole S.A.
… and society
- Creation of a €20 million fund to protect the elderly (“Tous unis pour nos aînés”) with the Crédit Agricole Solidarité et Développement Foundation (to finance basic necessities for caregivers, digital tablettes for the elderly in nursing homes, etc.) 50% of the variable compensation of corporate officers paid into this fund.
- More than €70 million in donations via solidarity funds, including €2 million by Crédit Agricole in Italy to the Red Cross and to hospitals, and €8m by Crédit du Maroc as participation in the national Covid-19 solidarity fund.
- Donations of masks, equipment…
- Support to suppliers: payment on receipt of invoices from SME, VSB and sheltered sector suppliers, suspension through contract amendments and current orders instead of cancellation and potential resumption date.
- Support to the Grameen Foundation in developing countries
- First issue of social bonds by Crédit Agricole S.A. for €1 billion.
- Creation of the first international equity fund CPR Invest Social Impact by Amundi focused on reducing social inequality.
- Launch of the first mutual fund invested in social bonds by Amundi.
beneficiaries of aid from the elderly protection fund